This easy-to-use conversion kit allows you to convert up to a 6-cubic foot insulated ice box into an automatic electric refrigerator operating on 12VDC and 110VAC. It works very well and is a great way to create a modern convenience with much less modification than with an LPG fridge.
*Cooling potential assumptions: Ambient air is 86 degrees F, 2" of polyurethane foam insulation on all sides and door, the icebox is empty.
- Operates on both AC and DC power supplies.
- Efficient swing motor compressor requires only 1.2 amps on DC and .7 amps on AC.
- L-shaped evaporator cooling plate is mounted inside the ice box and is separated from the condenser/compressor unit which can be mounted inside a nearby closet or cabinet.
- Refrigerant lines are pre-charged copper tubing and are 11 feet long, allowing significant spacing between ice box and condenser/compressor.
- The cooling unit will freeze up to 3.5 cubic feet, or refrigerate up to 6 cubic feet.*
- Compressor is located nearby in a cabinet or closet.
- Compressor includes a 12v fan to ventilate. Allow 2" minimum clearances around compressor unit.
- Dims of condenser/compressor unit: 14" L x 11" W x 6.5" H.
- Dims of evaporator plate: 16" x 10.63" on the larger part of the L-shaped plate. 8.5" x 10.63" on the smaller part of the L-shaped plate.